Wednesday, March 5, 2014

First contact with Twitterchat


Actually it’s the first time for me to get to know twitter, I knew it’s a social application before, but I’ve never considered it as an assistance for learning and teaching!

Firstly, by following each steps in the instruction article what is a twitterchat and how can it help you in 15 minutes or less, I finally found the group of #edtechchat, which holds two meetings each week, on 8-9 pm EST, every Monday and Wednesday. Through instant chatting, people share their opinions, experience and thoughts on how to use technology to create a better classroom, tips, strategies and so on.

Secondly, by reading some good articles and webpages shared by other participants, I’ve found        
some useful and inspiring materials for future learning and teaching. However, I think this chat was a little chaotic, that you might get lost in people’s diverse thoughts. Perhaps it’s the first time that I attended a twitterchat, and with more and more experiences attending twitter chat I will summarize my own way to gain benefits and give constructive suggestions too.

Lastly, there is one thing about twitterchat that I think is very helpful, which is you can post your questions around the topic during one chat, and then you can get instant solutions. That’s very efficient.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your reaction to your first Twitterchat.

    ReplyDelete